Saturday, April 1, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017

I am excited to be attempting poetry again. Hopefully this year will go well.

Last year, I had just started a new job on March 28th, so writing a poem while still teaching three courses was a bit overwhelming. This year, I've got a year under my belt at the job, and I'm only teaching one course.

My job is at a domestic abuse and sexual violence organization. I run the thrift store that supplies a chunk of the money keeping the shelter doors open and the programs running. I also spend a lot of time with clients during their time shopping.

I've been playing with ideas of new lives, violence, family and so on. Let's see what makes it into the poetry. Of course, I may resort to 30 days of haiku! Good luck everyone! Let the poetry writing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment