Saturday, April 4, 2015

"Professor's Refrain, 2015 Version"--NaPoWriMo #4

Some days my job gets to me. But then, the golden moments. I wanted this to be funnier. Somehow it didn't work.


Professor’s Refrain, 2015 Version

Please, put away your cell phones.
Check the syllabus.
Did you run Grammarly?
No, that’s not a good excuse for missing class. 

Put away your cell phones.
It’s in the syllabus.
Did you run grammar check?
There are no make-ups for pop quizzes.

Turn off the cell phones!
For the love of Pete, check the syllabus.
Proofreading would really help.
No, I cannot make an exception “just this once.”

Did you see the video of the professor
smashing a cellphone in class?

Do you know there’s a Facebook page
Called “Read the Freakin’ Syllabus, People”?

But then, then…
Phrases to cherish--

You nailed it! This is brilliant!
You’ve worked so hard.
I can see the improvement!
Wow! I never saw it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment